1.19.2009

weekend stuff

Ciao a tutti!

Just wanted to get on real quick to put up some new pics and share a little bit about my weekend.

Saturday was so much fun - me and my roommates Chloe and Sara woke up at the crack of dawn and took the mini-metro (which is AWESOME - it's like a hot wheel) just outside of perugia to this open-air market. Basically, in sum, it consisted of farm animals, tons of clothes, flowers and random house stuff, tablecloths (yes mom, tablecloths) and amazing food. I had the best pork sandwich of my life! (stay tuned for pictures...) it was out of this world good and it took like a half hour to eat bc it's so big (and to all of you who know how fast i eat - that's a big sandwich! haha)

saturday night was even better. Donatella had friends over to our place for an apperativo and then we all went out to dinner. All of her friends are so nice and hilarious - none of them speak any english, except for her boyfriend, Francesco, who took it for like 8 years in middle/high school but only remembers basic vocabulary (his quote from the first time I met him again is.."iii haafff taaakeeen eeet forrr fifffee (5).....aaate (8) yeeersss" hahahaah) However, he's half really wanting to learn english (bc as I found out later the US is his dream), and half trying to be funny, because the conversations would be italian, italian, italian and then boom - random english vocab words that make absolutaly no sense - haha it's realllly funny. like i'm sitting on the couch in our kitchen talking to one of Donatella's friends Valentina, and then he comes over and in the thickest italian accent possible..."buuut..wheare arrrre yourrr shooozz??" hahahah or like "haffff aaa whondarfulll time" or "over refridgerator!" haha that one was funny because he didn't know the word for freezer. But i shouldnt laugh - that's how I am to them in Italian.

Anyway so Apperativo was hilarious but the dinner was even better. You're not going to believe it when I tell you that we went to a FLINSTONES themed restaurant...yes, bam bam, pebbles- the whole gang. hahhah it was ridiculous. we drove there - it was just outside perugia about 10 minutes and the whole thing was done up in fake giant boulders and leapard print. i'm not kidding! haha (again, stay tuned for pictures...). so we get inside and everyone is just cracking up - and when I say everyone I mean just the Americans - no one else seemed to think it was strange. So Chloe and I were like - 'are they taking us to a children's restaurant?' - quite the opposite - all adults, 20-somethings and maybe a few families. okay - legitimate dining. but then i was like waaait a minute..it's because we're american! haha and that's exactly what I said to Francesco and Andrea, but they were like "no! no! we just really like it!" hahaha my kind of people...:) the food wasnt even prehistoric themed either, it was mostly pizza (soo good) and calzones, some steaks and stuff -- just ridiculous. when we got there i was cracking up and i was like - this night just keeps getting better and better.

The dinner was really fun. There were about 10 of us and everyone was so nice and enthusiastic. I mostly talked to Andrea and the other Francesco - and they are sooo funny. Their dream is to go to the US also, specifically Miami - because of all the trashy american movies theyve watched hahah they think it's like a paradise - and so by the end I was like 'well your dream is the US, mine is Italy - switch?' haha so we shook on it - they're coming to my house and I'm staying here at theirs. Affari fatto - done deal. hahaha (I think we're both kind of serious..)

Anyway - the dinner was seriously hilarious - there's no way to describe how much fun I had. And everyday I really just love my Italian roommates even more. (Of course I love my american ones too!) Chiara took Chloe and I shopping nearby the apt., which is really good because I had no idea that any of that even existed, and now I won't have to walk to the center if I need toothpaste or something, and Donatella and her sister Viviana (did I mention her sister is staying with us for a few days? Viviana is absolutely beautiful. She is probably the quintessential beautiful, nice, smart Italian woman - seriously. She's studying to be a doctor and she used to be a model, and she's sooo nice. I feel about 13 years old when I talk to her because she's so graceful and accomplished - and I'm kind of a mess usually, haha but whatever...) anyway, Donatella and Viviana helped Chloe and I with this Oscar Wilde (The Happy Price - Il Principe Felice) translation we had to do for class today.

They're just really nice and helpful - I'm really glad I live with them.

Okay - so there's a ridiculous story about Sunday as well - but I'll post that when I put up the pictures....prepare yourselves.<3G

No comments:

Post a Comment