1.14.2009

real quick

ciao ciao!

Today has been incredible! After my first class (8 - 11 a.m....rough!) I have a break for a few hours and I spent a lovely morning, first getting espresso with some friends and after they left for their class, I made the most amazing discovery.

I found this part of Perugia where you can walk along the ancient wall and look out over allll of Umbria and Perugia and parts of Tuscany. The landscape is unreal. It's right out of a painting - like a Cezanne or a Wasseau or something. Wasseau was the one who painted the girl in the swing, yes? Okay well I don't remember that much of art history, but that's what comes to mind because his style was romantic and he blurred the colors.

Anway, it was overwhelmingly beautiful. I'll post the pictures tomorrow - but I almost don't want to because they don't do any justice to how Perugia really looks. One of the things that is so hard to believe about this place is how beautiful everything is - even things that aren't supposed to be like streets, and sidewalks even. Everything is so detailed and historical - it's unreal.

After that I walked around more of the city just getting lost here and there - it was really nice to have the morning to myself and the weather was beautiful. I got another espresso a little bit ago at this pretty outdoor cafe' and read a little bit of this Italian romance novel I bought (not one of those novels - no judgment! It's more like an easy beach read-esque novel...I swear!) when I got into central Perugia (espresso here is soo addictive) and I'm about to leave for class in a few. Just wanted to jot a few words down while I had the chance.

Buona giornata a tutti e ci parliamo fra poco!

Ciao!
<3gabs

2 comments:

  1. aw gabs, this sounds amazing. you're turning into quite the espresso drinker, yes? haha. this entry reminds me of how much i MISS YOU, and europe too ;) -m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gab, expresso in a beautiful foreign city?! You should have a fashion scarf that matches your shoes I do hope.

    ReplyDelete