1.21.2009

like, wow!

haha okay, for once that title is the perfect way to summarize how I feel (like, sadly haha).

the past few days have been amazing!

1. I got interviewed by Italian journalists and they published my picture and quotes in La Nazione - a daily newspaper here, what upp!! hahah sorry that sounded really braggy..but i'm really excited :) Basically, during one of my classes the prof. said that journalists were looking to interview american students on their thoughts of the election, obama, etc. I, along with three other americans in my class volunteered to be interviewed (umm..no need to twist my arm there haha i practically lept out of my chair!) and when they arrived we did the interview in the hallway.

It was so interesting because they asked us all about how we felt, what ways we would be celebrating here v. in the us, and our general thoughts - and the six of us (me + 3 amer. + 2 ital journalists) got in this really good convo about politics in italy and the us - and how this election is so important worldwide. The perspectives were really varied too - it was me from DC (rhyme), Geoff from Ohio, Lauren from Idaho and Norma from Texas, who retired with her husband to Italy (way to live the dream!). And then the Italians, who seemed at least, to be interested in our politics.

The whole thing was Italian and I guess it just made me feel really good about my speaking and comprehension. Anyway, I'll post the pics I took of the paper (I know, I'm a loser - but a proud loser.) so you can see! haha

<3gabs

No comments:

Post a Comment